Contact: Jennifer A. Galloway, Chief Communications Officer
MSRB ANNOUNCES MEMBERS OF INVESTOR ADVISORY GROUP
Washington, DC – The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) today announced the members of its 2017 Investor Advisory Group, which provides the MSRB’s Board of Directors with access to additional expertise on municipal market practices, transparency and investor protection issues.
Members of the 2017 MSRB Investor Advisory Group are:
- Fred S. Cohen, SVP/Director, Municipal Bond Trading, AllianceBernstein LP
- Jim Ladge, COO and Portfolio Manager, Appleton Partners, Inc.
- Geoffrey L. Schechter, Investment Officer, MFS Investment Management
- Justin Schwartz, Head of Municipal Money Markets, Vanguard Group, Inc.
- Ben Smelser, Vice President and Senior Trader, Breckinridge Capital Advisors
“As the MSRB advances several significant investor protection proposals, the Investor Advisory Group will help ensure that the MSRB’s policies are informed by the expertise and perspectives of a diverse group of investors,” said MSRB Chair Colleen Woodell.Among the topics the MSRB is addressing this year are primary offering practices and the potential addition of pre-trade data to the Electronic Municipal Market Access (EMMA) website. The advisory group, created in 2015, will meet periodically throughout the year, as directed by the Board.